- Seamless 4K playout with CG branding (It is hardware dependent on the broadcast board used)
- Collapsible playlist
- K-playlist: graphically represents the playstist items based on their duration relative to the playlist duration
- User definable interface
- Every clip in the playlist (except the one which is currently playing) can be trimmed, edited or re-positioned
- Multi Parallel Output (MPO): ATHENSA PLAYOUT MPO enables the running of two or more outputs so that broadcasters can easily provide parallel outputs in any combination needed to deliver the content. HD SDI, SD SDI (with real-time rescaling) and IP streaming
- Multi-channel multi-language audio and subtitling capabilities
- Loudness control
- Simultaneous video scaling of both live input and playlist output
- Mixing different media formats, frame rates and resolutions in a single playlist
- Playback of clips still being ingested
- Playlist order can be changed on-the-fly with commands like skip to next or jump. Such order changes are performed seamlessly without stopping the current playout session
- Live products are facilitated by the powerful Live Show Clipboard which allows insertion and/or execution of various events or live streams
- For automated playout ATHENSA PLAYOUT allows fixed-time scheduling of items inside playlist for weeks ahead.
- Third party device control
- Detailed Playout Log
- Can be controlled by external automation via:
- GPI or DTMF
- ATHENSA PLAYOUT SDK
- NewTek NDI Support
- Multi-channel CPU consumption optimization resulting in the seamless running of multiple instances together in a single Core i7 CPU, while also providing both SDI and IP Unified streaming outputs
- Support of audio-only content making it a perfect playout automation for radio, music and info channels
- Support of encrypted audio and/or video content
- Fast forward feature to free additional time for commercial in 24 hours standard scheduled playlists in movie channels
- Grayscale option per output
- Adjustable global color option
- RTMP streaming input
- Selectable “disable” or “enable” Video, Audio and CC streams per output
- Many long-term stability and feature improvements fixes
- AirBox supports MPEG1/2/H.264, HDV and DV streams from virtually every known production platform providing AVI, MPEG, WMV, Quick Time or MXF content. Files from third-party servers such as Leitch or Seachange are natively supported
- Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby-E audio media playback and output (optional).
|Compression||MPEG2, WMV/VC1, MPEG1, MPEG4, AVC/H.264, JPEG 200, AVC-Intra, Apple ProRes 422, DV, HDV, DVC Pro, DVCPro 50, DVCPro HD|
|Format||PAL, NTSC, 1080i HD, 720p HD, 1080p HD|
|Bitrate||1-15 Mbit/s in MPEG2 MP@ML; 1-50 Mbit/s in MPEG2 422P@ML; 1-80 Mbit/s in MPEG2 MP@HL; 25 Mbit/s with HDV and DV; up to 80 Mbit/s MPEG2 HD HP@HL; up to 40 Mbit/s AVC/H.264 Baseline/Main; up to 80 Mbit/s AVC/H.264 Main/High; class 50 and 100 AVC-Intra|
|Color sampling||4:2:0 – MPEG Main Profile (incl.HDV); 4:2:2 – MPEG2 4:2:2 Profile; 4:2:0/ 4:1:1 – DV 25 Mbit/s; 4:2:0 – WMV and AVC; 4:2:2 – Apple ProRes; 4:2:0 – AVC-Intra|
|Compression||MPEG audio Layer 1 or 2; AAC audio; Uncompressed PCM; Windows Media Audio; Dolby Digital (AC3)|
|Bitrate (Mpeg audio)||64-384 Kbit/s|
Media File Formats
|MPEG2||MPG(Program Stream); M2P(Program Stream); M2T (Transport Stream); TS (Transport Stream); Open DML AVI and WAV (mono and stereo); Quick time; MXF; GXF|
|DV||OpenDML Type 1 and Type 2 AVI; QuickTime; DV; MXF; GXF|
|HDV||MPG (Transport Stream); M2T/ TS (Transport Stream); QuickTime; MXF; GXF|
|H.264/AVC/MPEG4 part 10||TS (Transport Stream – SPTS and MPTS)|
|MPEG1||MPG (System Stream)|
Supported Video Boards
|DeckLink||DeckLink Duo, DeckLink 4K Extreme , DeckLink 4K Pro, DeckLink 4K Extreme, DeckLink SDI 4K, DeckLink Studio 4K|
|AJA||Corvid 44 , Corvid 88|
Minimum System Requirements
|Product functionality may vary based on your system configuration. Some features may require advanced or additional hardware.|
|CPU||Single Intel Core i7 CPU; Dual Intel Xeon CPU|
|RAM||16 gigabyte (GB) RAM (single CPU); 32 gigabyte (GB) RAM (dual CPU)|
|HDD||500 MB available hard disk space for installation|
|Athensa||SUPERMICRO SINGLE CPU server, SUPERMICRO DUAL CPU server|
|HP||HPz230, HPz640, HPz840|
SurCode for Dolby digital is manufactured under license from Dolby Laboratories. Dolby and double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
ATHENSA COMMERCIAL INSERTION WORKFLOW
ATHENSA enables content owners to maximize their business potential by targeting advertisements for specific audiences with ad insertion and Digital Program Insertion (DPI) in both SD and HD, in either SDI or DVB (ASI/IP).
ATHENSA PLAYOUT, using DTMF or GPI, performs basic cost-effective digital ad insertion and can easily be scaled to meet the next-generation of targeted advertising solutions that are driving the revolution in today’s television advertising.
ATHENSA PLAYOUT delivers the power and scalability to meet the demands of today’s rapidly changing advertising environment, and gives a quick return on investment by providing the solution you want, at your price.
ATHENSA PLAYOUT can be installed locally or remotely at the headend and monitored and controlled via the internet. If required, many hundreds of hours of ad insertion and DPI can be scheduled and an entire stand-alone solution can be provided, or alternatively it can be integrated into the content owner’s current workflows and systems.
In addition to ad insertion and DPI, ATHENSA PLAYOUT can include graphics capabilities ranging from simple logo insertion to full CG and interactive graphics insertion – using ATHENSA GRAPHICS to enable a complete and very powerful local branding solution including SMS2TV.
ATHENSA PLAYOUT can be integrated into the clients’ traffic systems to enable traffic and billing to provide the complete one-box solution that includes automation, video server and switching.
ATHENSA PLAYOUT works by receiving a GPI, or Cue Tone, trigger for the start of commercial break or program insertion. Other trigger sources can also be handled via GPI or Cue Tone from an external cue decoder. Once the trigger is received the scheduled advert break or program is switched from the live feed and played to air. After a scheduled period, or on receiving a second trigger, ATHENSA PLAYOUT returns to the live program feed.
ATHENSA PLAYOUT will only insert advert breaks or programs during predefined or scheduled periods. It can also auto-fill any periods that have no defined adverts or programs.
ATHENSA’s IP Switch is a cost effective UDP IP Switch. It uses commercial-off-the-Shelf (COTS) IT hardware for single or multiple AdBox systems where multiple inputs and/or output routing / switching is required. IP Switch can be installed in AdBox or installed in a separate server in multiple AdBox installations
Universal Matrix Controller (UMC)
ATHENSA’s Universal Matrix Controller (UMC) provides central control for routers / matrices that enable multiple AdBox installations to centrally control the switching for ad insertion and DPI. UMC is fully integrated with AdBox as well as installations containing AirBox, CaptureBox and Multi-Backup Manager (MBM).
ATHENSA EDGE – REDUNDANT AUTOMATIC REMOTE PLAYOUT
Fully Redundant Automatic Remote Playout Anywhere in the World via Internet, the ATHENSA EDGE workflow solution makes delivering a TV station, complete with local branding and content, anywhere in the world an economic reality – even for small audiences. The ATHENSA EDGE workflow solution enables the whole operation to be run from an established broadcast center.
The ATHENSA EDGE workflow solution provides a tapeless file-based operation that has two parts: one integrated with the broadcast center, and the other, at the remote site. At the broadcast center it is fully integrated into the current or preferred systems including traffic, storage, MAM, ingest, transcoding and file transfer systems. This connects to the new remote The ATHENSA EDGE workflow solution site’s playout equipment via the public internet – making a huge cost saving over the traditional dedicated fiber or satellite links.
The workflow is highly automated and is designed to provide easy, familiar playout operation. Proceedings start with daily playlists created in the broadcast center’s traffic system, which is integrated with MAM, being sent to the remote ATHENSA EDGE workflow solution. There, it checks for the required media and generates a list of missing items that’s sent back to the MAM, which then generates requests for the media and subtitle files required for playout. Aspects such as ingest requests, the correct TV format, SD or HD, transcoding, etc., are automatically handled and the required material is sent to the remote. Remote playout then proceeds in the normal way, running from the playlist.
The ATHENSA EDGE workflow solution enables all the features of normal local operation such as the inclusion of subtitles. Subtitle files can be produced in the normal way. Then SubtitleBox, installed with each ATHENSA EDGE system, accepts and checks the files and automatically delivers open subtitles during transmission. ATHENSA SubtitlePlus DVB supports DVB subtitles. Multilingual channels are also supported. Operations are monitored with SNMP sending server status alarms. The ATHENSA EDGE workflow solution is also connected to VPN for access from anywhere. Local monitoring can be added if required.
Remote Media Format
The media format used at the remote location can be decided on a number of factors such as the amount of new media per day, the bit rate chosen for playout and the available internet capacity. MPEG2 IBP at 10Mbps is often chosen, however H.264 at 4Mbps or less is also chosen as a very good alternative. The bit rate is the customer’s choice.